First of all, we want to thank all of you for your love and support. Without your love and support, Orchid Store could not have made it to 10K+ active installation on WordPress.org and we very much appreciate it.
We have released the new version of Orchid Store and Orchid Store Pro on 15th July 2020. The new version of Orchid Store and Orchid Store Pro have major features update, bugs fix, and enhancements.
What to do after updating Orchid Store & Orchid Store Pro?
Since Orchid store theme (version 1.2.1) & Orchid store pro plugin (version 1.0.4) has just got a major update you need to take care of few things.
You may feel like your website is broken by this update but it is not what it looks like. We have modified static files i.e
JS heavily. Your website will simply be fine as usual when your clear your cache. Let me help you with the proper instruction step by step.
Follow the steps below to properly flush your cache (Server, CDN & Browser cache)
- Clear server cache: If you are using a cache/optimizer plugin please make sure to flush the cache properly. Since everybody will not be using the same cache plugin it won’t be possible to help you with the screenshot here. Please do double-check with your web hosting provider if you are not sure.
- Clear CDN cache: Next step is to clear CDN cache if you are using any CDN services (For example: Cloudflare, Bunny CDN, Amazon cloud front, Fastly, Max CDN etc)
- Clear browser cache: Once you are done clearing server cache & CDN cache the last step is to clean your web browser cache. Most of the web browsers like Chrome & Mozilla allows clearing cache from their web browser privacy setting.
Your website will just look fine when you properly clear your cache. In case if you are still experience a issue please do a hard reload. Below is a video to help you doing this.
For your information, you can also do hard reload by pressing CRTL + F5 (Windows) and COMMAND + F5 (MAC) device same time.
We strongly hope you will have no more cache issue once you take actions as mentioned above ?.
Talking about the customizer and options there are some changes to options inside the customizer. Please do kindly go through the post below and configure them accordingly.
Orchid Store version 1.2.1 update
Below is an actual changelog for developers and designers. You can also retrieve this change log Orchid Store Github repo. Please feel free to fork and create an issue ticket at GitHub too.
== Changelog == == 1.2.1 - 16 July, 2020 == Added: Option to display number of product columns for mobile devices Added: Option to display product search for mobile devices Added: Option to display out of stock notice on products Added: Breadcrumb in single product page Added: Option to select search form on header Added: Option to display page header Added: Accessibility option Fix: H1 issue for homepage(static or default) Fix: Tab issue when multiple tab widgets are present Fix: Password protected post issue Tweak: WooCommerce default category widget (Added toggle for child categories) Added: Mobile header Added: Logo option for mobile Added: WordPress default header search form # CSS STYLES SPECIFIC - 1.2.1 # Tweak: Headsup - Base styling & reset CSS heavily modified Tweak: Headsup - WooCommerce base styling Tweak: Headsup - Mobile breakpoint changed to 575px Tweak: Responsive styles Tweak: Spacing for elements & sections Tweak: Typography font (Poppins to Inter) Tweak: Minor font size, line height & weights Tweak: Post category meta design
For users who do not understand change log, below is the description of few major changes in plain readable list format.
- H1 tag issue for the homepage.
- Tab issue when there are multiple OS: Products By Category Filter widgets.
- A design issue on blog, search, and archive pages when a post is set to password protected.
The features that have been added are as follows:
- Added option to display two product columns for a mobile device.
- Inside the customizer, under WooCommerce > Product Catalog, you’ll find the option Mobile – Product Columns.
- Added option to choose default WordPress search or product search on the header.
- Inside the customizer, under Header > Search Form, you’ll find the option Select Search Form.
- Added option to display Out of Stock notice for products.
- Inside the customizer, under WooCommerce > Product Catalog, you’ll find the option Display Product Out of Stock.
- Added option to not display page header.
- Inside the customizer, under Pages > Page Header, you’ll find the option Display Page Header.
- Added an accessibility option.
- Inside the customizer, under Accessibility, you’ll find the options.
- Added option to add a logo for a mobile device.
- Inside the customizer, under Header > Site Identity, you’ll find the option Logo – For Mobile.
The enhancements that have been done are as follows:
- Breadcrumb has been added on the product single page.
- Major CSS changes.
- Added mobile header. (Displays special menu, wishlist, search and mini-cart)
Orchid Store Pro 1.0.4 update
Below is a change log for orchid store pro version 1.0.4.
== Changelog == == 1.0.4 - 16 July, 2020 == Added: Colour options for header in customizer Added: Currency switcher Added: System font in customizer under typography option Added: Mega menu items in special menu (Mobile header) Fix: CSS styling issues Fix: Issue while saving typography option Fix: Cart items count when item is added or removed
The bugs that have been fixed are as follows:
- Count update of cart items on header layout two.
- Issue while saving typography options.
- Some minor fixes.
The features that have been added are as follows:
- Added currency switcher widget.
- Added some color options for the header.
- For typography, now you can choose either system font or google font.
Currency Switcher (Beta)
Currency Switcher allows customers to switch WooCommerce product’s prices to multiple currencies. For multiple currencies, currencies rates are calculated using two APIs, Exchange Rates API, and Fixer.
While using Exchange Rates API, there is no need to have an API key. But the limitation of this API is that there are limited numbers of foreign currency rates that are published European Central Bank. The base currency that you have set and currencies that you want a customer to switch to might not be available. So before using this API read in detail about the API.
To configure the APIs, on your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Currency Switcher > Settings. To configure multiple currencies, navigate to Currency Switcher > Manage Currencies.
Upcoming update for Orchid Store pro
We have planned a few more features to add in Orchid Store Pro shortly. We do not have an exact ETA for an update but it should be on-air by 1st week of September 2020. Below are the confirmed features that we will be adding in Orchid Store pro.
- Dedicated mobile header for Orchid Store pro header layout two
- Currency switcher functionality in both the headers top section (Header 1 & 2)
- Flexibility options in customizer
- More ….
We, as the author of the Orchid Store theme and Orchid Store Pro plugin, are and shall be providing you with the updates with more features and enhancements in the future. There are some features that some of you have requested and but there might be other features that are left to be added. So let us know in the comments section below if there are any new features to be added or any issues in the theme.
If you are seeking for support do make sure to drop your question in our support forum. If in-case you are in rush, please make sure not to use the comment section below to seek support.